Everything I Know About Life…I Learned from My Travels
Well, maybe not all I need to know, but certainly a lot!
Travel and life, for me they’re inseparable, one and the same. After all, the ultimate voyage is, of course, the one we make through life.
We chart a course, we go on our way…there are diversions and delays. We encounter the unexpected. We are challenged, we are disappointed, we are delighted. We can plan but we can’t see around every twist or turn…and we learn to either embrace or to fear the unknown.
Along the way, we collect memories, stories, and lessons, travel lessons…life lessons.
Here are some of mine – 20 to be exact but I expect there will be more… (I hope you will share some of yours):
- There really are no borders except those that we create.
- There’s more that connects us than separates us.
- Don’t believe everything you read or hear about a place or a people.
- We are all students of life, we are all teachers, too.
- Pack light but don’t forget an open mind, a sense of humor and band aids.
- Seeing a photo in no way compares to seeing the real thing.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed…and there are friends everywhere.
- If you want things to be like they are at home, stay home.
- If you really want to get to know someone (including yourself), travel with them.
- If you’re always comfortable, you aren’t growing.
- Life isn’t always fair, but you can be.
- Why look for trouble? Most of the stuff we worry about never happens anyway.
- I can fit everything I need into a roll-a-board (and so can you).
- A smile and please or thank you will take you everywhere.
- “Do unto others…” is a good way to go.
A good guest is always welcomed back.
- You don’t have to be defined by your circumstances.
- Don’t let anyone or anything steal your dream.
- There really is no better time than now.
- There is no cure for wanderlust…but why would you want one?
Please, Send Me a Postcard! Just “click” on the stamp or comment below.
What have your travels taught you about life?