♥ LetZ Fall Under the Spell of the Magical Italian Riviera! ♥
2018 Highlights & Registration Details!
An exclusive luxury experience created just for YOU!
Featuring Genoa, Cinque Terre, Portofino & Much More!
You are cordially invited to join us in spectacular … Liguria!
NEW!!! Mark Your Calendars NOW for 2018 NEW!!!
~♥ Spring on the Italian Riviera! ♥ ~
May 11 – 20
♥ Early Bird Registration”Sweetheart” $avings! ♥
Reserve YOUR Space by February 14th and $AVE $150 per person!
CLICK Here to Download Your Italian Riviera Registration Form and Italian Riviera Terms & Conditions Form
♦ Highlights ♦
Liguria may be one of the smallest regions in Italy but it is literally bursting with beauty and appeal!
You’ve seen the breathtaking photos of the Mediterranean coastline, the dazzling colors of the picturesque seaside villages hugging the shorelines and cliffs, and its iconic ancient port with its maze of medieval passageways and elegant palazzi… You can almost smell the sea air and feel the breeze against your face, can’t you? I know that I can!Facing the Mediterranean, Genoa is the capital and was called “La Superba”, the superb one, by Petrarch. It was also long considered the “city of arms and trade” rivaling Pisa and Venice in a centuries old power struggle over dominion of the seas. We’ll visit her Porto Antico and the dazzling palazzi hailing from Genoa’s glory days as a maritime power.
Genoa still offers a unique blend of her traditional and authentic roots; the historical labyrinth of ancient alleyways and streets, called “Carrugi”, where food and artisan shops serve local traditional delicacies and you’ll find the old cafè where Verdi loved to taste pastries.
- Of course, we’ll sample Genoa’s signature pesto sauce and yes, we’ll learn how to make it and other Ligurian specialties during our time here! Bring your appetite!
Can you visualize yourself sitting at a seaside cafè in Portofino or Santa Margherita overlooking the sparkling Mediterranean, sipping an espresso or perhaps a glass of local wine? (I know I can!) Maybe a little window shopping and stopping for a local delicacy or gelato?
Let’s go day tripping to the iconic Cinque Terre fishing villages, where we’ll explore the unique beauty of each village. Marvel at the steep terraced slopes dotted with vineyards and pastel dwellings. Visit some secret spots and enjoy a personal tasting and antipasti with a local winemaker.
And there’s much much more! Immerse, experience, savor and revel in all that this tiny but enormously attractive and rich region has to offer.
Every day has been carefully planned to share Liguria’s genuine cultural legacy at a comfortable pace. Accompanied by local experts and traveling in a small group, you will enjoy being personally escorted and introduced to all that authentic and undiscovered Liguria has to offer.
Get ready to be amazed and delighted by the allure and appeal of Liguria!
~♥ Highlights of Your Italian Riviera Experience ♥~
- Spend 10 days and 9 nights exploring the charming jewels of the Italian Riviera featuring Genoa, Cinque Terre and Portofino (and much more!).
- Travel with a small group (min. 5, max 10).
- Transfers to Genoa’s airport or train station upon your arrival or departure (based on minimum of 5 guests, single transfer in each direction).
- Bi-lingual hosts and expert local guides.
- Five (5) nights at a luxury accommodation in the historical center of Genoa.
- Four (4) nights in a fabulous 17th century country villa in Levanto owned and run by a noble family.
- Surrounded by the natural scenery of the hills and overlooking the sea, we will be only minutes from the famous Cinque Terre villages.
- Guided walking tours of historic and enchanting Genoa, Santa Margherita Ligure, Portofino, the Cinque Terre Villages, Camogli, Levanto, Noli, Finalborgo, Chiavari, and more!
- Meet and dine with the King of Pesto.
- Get lost in the maze of Genoa’s “Caruggi”, the narrow alleys of Europe’s largest medieval center.
- Admire the elegant painted Rolli Palaces, the old noble palaces of Genoa, now listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Discover the authentic “essence” of Genoa, a multi-layer town rich in contrasts that still preserves its ancient traditions.
- Discover Genoa’s original and unchanged century old food and artisans shops.
- Enjoy making the famous local specialty, pesto sauce, the old-fashioned way: with mortar and pestle!
- Live la dolce vita in the picturesque storybook towns of Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure with their VIP villas, gardens, chic boutiques and stunning natural scenery.
- Explore the Ponente, the western side of the Italian Riviera, with its appealing medieval hamlets and fishing villages.
- Meet a local producer of “chinotto” a special kind of citrus listed by Slow Food and learn how this unique fruit is used.
- Visit Chiavari where we will meet local artisans and visit the old silk factory: shopping allowed!
- Be enchanted and seduced by the unique beauty of the Cinque Terre villages: visit the “5 lands” and explore her secret corners with our local expert private guide.
- Meet a Cinque Terre wine producer who will share the story of this special area of Italy and host a special wine tasting.
- Get ready to put on your apron! We’ll learn firsthand about the healthy, traditional recipes of the Ligurian cuisine. Using only fresh seasonal, local, organic ingredients, it’s based on vegetables and the delicate local extra-virgin olive oil.
- Visit local artisans and learn about local crafts and the “Made in Italy” tradition.
- Free time to shop, explore, enjoy the beach, read a book, take a walk, relax or just indulge in la dolce far niente (sweet doing nothing!).
- A detailed Daily Itinerary will be provided to Guests 30 days prior to arrival.
- Pre-tour information and travel consultation/assistance.
Benvenuti to Beautiful Liguria!
I love to see a place through the eyes of locals who know and love their native region and I love an experience that is out-of-the-ordinary.
In order to offer that to you, I have collaborated with local experts, Emanuela and Anna of BeautifuLiguria.
Thanks to their expertise and guidance, this rich and authentic cultural experience is now available to YOU!
Are you ready to join us and “Fall Under the Spell of the Italian Riviera”?? I hope so!
~♥ What IS Included ♥~
- Four (4) nights accommodations at a 5-star agriturismo in Levanto.
- Five (5) nights accommodation at a spectacular 4-Star hotel in the heart of Genoa.
- Private guides during the Genoa, Cinque Terre, Chiavari, Portofino, Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Sestri Levante, and West Riviera tours.
- Train and public boat tickets in Cinque Terre and Portofino.
- Daily buffet breakfast.
- Private drivers.
- Welcome aperitivo in Genoa.
- Dinner with wine in Genoa upon arrival.
- Lunch in a typical trattoria in Genoa.
- Visit and tasting at local chocolate shop in Genoa.
- Pesto lesson and lunch in Genoa.
- Tasting of local specialties at a chinotto plantation.
- Private wine and olive oil tasting in Portofino.
- Welcome aperitivo and light dinner at the agriturismo.
- Cooking class featuring regional cuisine with lunch.
- Farewell dinner in Levanto.
- Private transportation to Genoa airport or train station upon your departure.
- City taxes.
- Pre-trip advice/information (provided by Victoria).
~♥ What is NOT Included ♥~
- Airfare to Italy.
- Meals not specified above.
- Travel insurance.
- Museum/historical site entrances.
- Gratuities for private guides, hotel staff, private transfer drivers.
- Everything not outlined above under “What IS Included”.
All guests will receive a complimentary copy of Victoria’s book:
~ ♥ How to Save Your Spot! ♥ ~
Spring 2018 Dates:
May 11 – 20
Registration Details COMING SOON!
(* For payment by check, PayPal/credit card payments available for a transaction fee.)
What is the nearest airport?
Genoa, Italy (Airport code = GOA). Remember that your arrival date is Friday, May 11, 2018. If you are flying from the U.S., you need to make flight arrangements departing (no later than) on October 5. Your departure date is Sunday, May 20. (Recommended arrival and departure windows will be provided.)
Once final payment is made, you will be asked to provide your travel arrangements.
Where are we staying?
A luxury accommodation in Genoa’s historical center.
A luxury Bed & Breakfast in Levanto.
Can I have my own room and bathroom?
Yes, single rooms are available and all of the rooms are en-suite, i.e., they have their own bathrooms.
NOTE: All single rooms are full size -double rooms (not tiny little rooms with a twin bed!)
Do I need a passport/visa?
Yes, you will need a current passport for travel to Italy. Be sure it is valid for at least 6 months from your date of departure from Italy. No visas are required to visit Italy.
Who should I contact for more information?
Victoria De Maio, postcardsfromvictoria(at)gmail(dot)com
How do I communicate with family/friends?
The accommodations have free WiFi.
Be sure to check your data plan/make arrangements with your local cell phone provider before you leave.
What should I bring to wear?
In spring, the weather in Italian Riviera should be temperate and comfortable. Bring comfortable clothing and layers. It’s crucial to have comfortable walking shoes. Look at the itinerary and pack accordingly.
Are there laundry facilities?
Laundry service is available for a small fee.
Should I bring cash and how much?
Italy uses the euro and although ATM’s are located at airports and towns, to avoid wasting precious time, I suggest that you do bring some euros with you upon arrival for gratuities, souvenirs, incidentals, etc. I recommend that you bring (at least) 300 EUR in small bills and change.
What if I have a special need?
Diet: If you have dietary restrictions, please be sure to indicate on the Registration Form so that the cooks can be advised in advance.
Medications/prescriptions: Please be sure to bringing your medications and prescriptions.
Physical: Please note that traveling in Italy does involve walking and standing on hard and often uneven surfaces, stairs and paths which can be challenging for anyone with physical restrictions.
What about gratuities?
Gratuities are NOT included in the cost of your trip. When eating at a local trattoria or ristorante, you will be asked to leave a little grazie, 1-2 euros per person. For local guides and drivers, 1-2 euros and 2-3 euros/day for staff is recommended. Budget recommended: $75-$100USD (per person)