La Dolce Vita Salento Style!!
Join us and immerse yourself in the seductive south of Puglia known for its cucina povera, world-class wines, high quality olive oils, and picturesque cities and towns.
Spring 2017 Dates!
May 26 – June 4
These Dates are Closed!
Fall 2017 Dates!
Check Back in April for 2018 Dates!
Be Seduced by the Secret Salento, “Terra Tra Due Mari”, the Land Between Two Seas
“There is no way to talk about this land without being aware one is in a legendary place.”
Salento, Puglia’s southern sub-region, means shaped by sun, sea and wind and the result is a unique heritage, culture and lifestyle – Salento Style! Experience and embrace the authentic Salento, not like a tourist, but like a local with local experts!
Your Exclusive ALL-INCLUSIVE Unique Boutique Experience!!!
Join Ylenia Sambati and Michele Pasero of YLTOUR and Victoria for this unique and authentic Salento Style experience!
* * * Highlights * * *
All-Inclusive! From the moment you land until the moment we drop you off at the airport, EVERYTHING is INCLUDED! Hassle-free and care free, si!
- Spend 10 days and 9 nights in fabulous Puglia – the heel of Italy’s boot.
- Travel with a small group (min. 4, max 12).
- Airport transfers to and from Brindisi Airport.
- Bi-lingual hosts and guides.
- Four (4) nights in a fabulous family-owned and run accommodation, Masseria Provenzani, located amidst thousands of acres of olive trees in the heart of the Salento area.
- Five (5) nights at a luxury accommodation conveniently located in the historic heart of Lecce.
- Learn why Lecce , elegant and relaxing, is among the trendiest southern Italian cities.
- Enjoy traditional regional Pugliese style cuisine.
- ALL meals at local family-run trattorias or lovingly prepared by Mamme from Cook in Puglia or at the Masseria.
- Get ready to put on your apron! We’ll be whipping up traditional recipes (and pizza, of course!) using only fresh seasonal, local, organic ingredients.
- Enjoy local wines with every lunch and dinner.
- Visit Lecce’s local market and meet local food artisans (and tastings, of course!).
- Visit to boutique winery (wineries) and wine tasting.
- Wine tasting/pairing at Puglia Wine School and local boutique wineries.
- Visit a family-owned and operated olive farm for a tour, olive oil tasting and a very special picnic among the centuries old olive groves.
- Enjoy aperitivi Leccese as well as gelato and caffè breaks.
- Guided walking tours of historic and charming Lecce, Gallipoli, Otranto, Galatina, Polignano a Mare and the Itria Valley (including Ostuni, Martina Franca, Alberobello, and Cisternino), and more!
- Visit local artists and learn about local crafts and traditions.
- Free time to shop, explore, enjoy the pool, read a book, take a walk or bike ride, schedule a massage, relax or just indulge in la dolce far niente (sweet doing nothing!)
- Pre-tour information and travel consultation/assistance by Victoria.
Ideally situated between the Adriatic and Ionian Seas and blessed by a perfect climate and topography, the Salento is the place to visit for the serious foodie, wine lover, and for those who love exploring off the beaten track! And there’s more…For half of our visit, we will stay in and experience stunning and cosmopolitan Lecce, the trendiest destination in Puglia for Italians. Characterized by lavish Baroque architecture and artwork carved from the distinctive pietra leccese limestone, Lecce embodies the exuberant and expressive personality of the Salento.
In Lecce, we’ll also enjoy free time to stroll along charming pedestrian thoroughfares lined with attractive (and tempting) shops (si, your shopping urges will be satisfied!) and partake in the traditional evening passeggiata and aperitivo before enjoying a sumptuous dinner together.
Stay in a luxury accommodation conveniently located in Lecce’s historical pedestrian center and only footsteps from its magnificent cathedrals, museums, Roman ruins, caffès, gelaterie, artisan shops, and tempting boutiques. During informative guided walking tours, we will learn about her rich history and legacy and enjoy local specialties from the pasticciotto and espressino to the taralli and orecchiette!
We’ll eat and drink what and where the locals eat drink! Visiting the absolutely fabulous local market, where everything that is seasonal and local is available six days a week. We will sample Pugliese olives, bread, cured meats and cheese but save room for more tasty morsels when we visit local artisans who demonstrate (and share!) their talents in cheese, pastry and pasta making.
For the other half of our stay, we will stay in the nearby countryside among thousands and thousands of hectares of olive groves! Here we will stay at Masseria Provenzani, a family-owned and run 16th century farmhouse. Meticulously restored, it is spacious and charming. Here we can take country walks, a bike ride or relax by the pool.
Putting on our aprons, we’ll join the wonderful Mamme of Cook in Puglia in the kitchen and learn how to prepare cucina povera: simple, healthy regional dishes from fresh seasonal ingredients and traditional recipes. Paired with exquisite vino (of course!), we will enjoy our creations together. (Ylenia Sambati has been featured in Food & Wine, Huffington Post and the New York Times!)
Throughout our stay, in addition to enjoying cucina povera we will sample Puglia’s finest wines with a selection of wines chosen by Puglia Wine School.
We will visit family-owned boutique wineries where we will learn about and taste local varietals that are being sought from all over the world. And not only will we do wine tasting but, at the Puglia Wine School, we will learn firsthand how to pair and enhance the characteristics of the wines with the best choices of cheeses and antipasti.
Learn about Puglia’s distinctive and high quality olive oils produced by family-owned and run farms. Meet the family at Agricola Taurino and enjoy a delightful picnic in their olive grove.
And there’s more…let’s the explore the labyrinthine streets of nearby picturesque cities and towns, including: Gallipoli,“the pearl of the Ionian”; Otranto, “city of martyrs and mosaics” , Ostuni, “the white city” and the Itria Valley and land of the “trulli” including the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Alberobello.
We’ll visit local artisans who will demonstrate their unique talents and skills such as cartapesta (papier-mâché) and sculpting; skills learned passed down from generations of craftsman.
After all, you do like surprises, don’t you?
Are You Ready to fall Head Over HeelZ for Puglia??? Andiamo! Let’s GO!
Space is limited!
♥ Solo Travelers Welcome! ♥
Costs & How to REGISTER for this Fabulous Experience: